Despite best efforts, many organisations continue to find themselves with no option but to go through a redundancy situation or business restructure.
Whilst it’s inevitable that the process will be a difficult for all concerned, if managed well from both a business and a staff perspective, it can be performed in a way which minimizes disruption to the business and retains the loyalty and goodwill of staff by managing their situation fairly and supporting them throughout the process.
This area is often unfamiliar territory and Magenta HR offers practical hands-on assistance to businesses by providing appropriate support and advice. Having to restructure a business and make staff redundant can sometimes be a complicated process and in those circumstances, we work together with employment lawyers to ensure the risk of claims for unfair or constructive dismissal is minimised.
Services we offer include
- Bespoke process planning which reflects the business brief
- Planning assistance to help minimise the need for redundancy/restructure and associated costs
- Redundancy and restructure briefing pack which can include;
- Documentation preparation should employee representation and consultation be required (20+ redundancies).
- Managers guide to ensure they are familiar with the process and aware of the options and alternatives available
- Draft announcements for staff
- Facilitation of employee consultations
- Compilation of selection criteria
- Redundancy calculations and compilation of redundancy packages
- Template letters to use throughout the process
- Post redundancy outplacement services to maximse re-employment potential/retraining options.
- On-site support throughout the process